Monday, July 18, 2016

First letter from the MTC

Adam sent home a letter describing his first day at the MTC.

His first activity after settling into his room, "... I soon was in class with my lao shi (teacher), who only spoke Mandarin to us.  I was pretty good, but I still need practice and wish I had done a little more Pimsleur. Oh well!"

Adam has two companions, Elder Wilde and Elder Chang (see photo in the earlier post).

After meeting with his Branch President, Adam wrote, "President Deng gave me just the advice I needed: Focus first on coming unto Christ and growing my testimony, and then on the language."

As the new missionaries are organized into groups, Adam is made a "district leader", responsible for a group of missionaries going to Taiwan.

He is off to a good start.

No comments: