Saturday, July 24, 2010

MTC Pictures and Insights






Thomas sent more pictures home.

Men in Black
Napping
Practicing squatting
Relaxing
Redlight-Greenlight?
Classroom
Singing hymns in Malay
Sleeping or praying?

Also, Thomas has been keeping a journal to record his feelings and the insights he has gained.  Here are 3 of the entries he has shared with us.

July 12:  I wrote letters to myself at 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, and 2 years from now.. It is amazing who I want to become.  But it is good to be able to set goals, and I think it will be interesting to look back and see what I wanted to be.. and to have that in the back of my mind.


July 13:  I learned today about a dollar bill analogy that I had heard before but was good to hear again.  An old, wrinkled, muddy and worn bill is still worth 20 dollars, and we are all equal in the sight of God.
July 16:  I like the realization that the highest and most prestigious thing in God's Kingdom is open to ALL men and women whereas the highest and most prestigious things in the world are prestigious because only few people can achieve it.  That is way awesome and hard to wrap your mind around... but it makes a lot of sense.